TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Note: Please note that a properly licensed interstate broker, such as Discount Van Lines Moving is not a motor carrier and will not transport an individual shipper’s household goods, but will coordinate and arrange for the transportation of household goods by an FMCSA authorized motor carrier, whose charges will be determined by it’s published tariff. All estimated charges and final actual charges will be based upon the carrier’s tariff which is available for inspection from the carrier upon reasonable request. (*) 70% OFF on Tariff Rates.
Understanding Your Estimate
Customer has selected a BINDING NOT-TO EXCEED PRICE. The total costs will not exceed the estimated cost; detailed in the list of pieces, for an estimated weight/volume listed in the Relocation Details” of this agreement, providing that the customer provides Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC with an accurate description of the items that are to be moved, and the services that need to be performed. If there is an increase in items, packing services, weight/volume or labor services added at either the origin or destination to those quoted in this agreement, the customer may be charged for those services at full tariff rates. Carrier’s foreman will provide the shipper with a revised written estimate on site including all costs necessary to perform your move. Federal regulation requires the carrier to honor the original estimate if the foreman has loaded the truck prior to shipper signing and agreeing to the revised estimate. You should not allow the carrier to load or perform any service until a revised estimate has been agreed to and signed by the shipper.
THIS MOVING ESTIMATE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- PROFESSIONAL DOOR TO DOOR SERVICE
- THE DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY OF ALL STANDARD HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE INCLUDED IN THIS ESTIMATE (EXCLUDES IKEA FURNITURE AND ANY ITEM MADE OF PARTICLE BOARD)
- THE USE OF ELEVATORS AS WELL AS 1 FLIGHT OF STAIRS (UP TO 12 CONTINUOUS STAIRS)
- THE LOADING AND UNLOADING OF ALL FURNITURE, BOXES AND STANDARD HOUSEHOLD GOODS. (EXCLUDES ANY ITEM DEEMED TO NEED A FORKLIFT, FLATBED OR SPECIAL HANDLING NOT PROVIDED FOR IN THIS ESTIMATE)
- THE BLANKET WRAPPING OF ALL STANDARD FURNITURE. (EXCLUDES TELEVISIONS,MIRRORS, GLASS ITEMS, MATTRESS’/BOX SPRINGS AND BOX-ABLE ITEMS)
- ALL TAXES, TOLLS, FUEL, FUEL SURCHARGES AND MILEAGE. (EXCLUDES ANY PARKING PERMITS OR FERRY SERVICES IF NECESSARY)
- STANDARD CARGO PROTECTION UP TO $10,000 BASED ON $0.60/LB PER ARTICLE IF SELECTED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION.
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIAL SERVICE AND FEES NOT INCLUDED IN THE BASIC ESTIMATE:
- PACKING SUPPLIES SUCH AS BOXES, TAPE BUBBLE WRAPPING ETC.(If not requested at the time of reservation, shipper is deemed responsible for procurement of those items on their own prior to carriers arrival)
- PACKING SERVICES FOR BREAKABLE ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR ITEMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ; MIRRORS, TV’S GLASS ITEMS, GRANDFATHER CLOCKS ETC. (IF PACKING SERVICE IS NOT REQUESTED SHIPPER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PACKING OF BREAKABLE ITEMS PRIOR TO CARRIERS ARRIVAL TO AVOID A CHARGE FOR WAITING)
- CRATING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PIANOS, GRANDFATHER CLOCKS, ANTIQUES, ETC FOR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE. (IF CRATING SERVICES ARE NOT REQUESTED SHIPPER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREPARATION OF ITEMS DEEMED NOT STANDARD HOUSEHOLD
- SHUTTLE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE BEGINNING AT $300 AND WILL BE NECESSARY IN THE EVENT 53 FT TRACTOR TRAILER ACCESS TO EITHER THE ORIGIN OR DESTINATION EXCEEDS 100 FT FROM BUILDING
- A LONG CARRY CHARGE WILL BE NECESSARY WHEN TRUCK ACCESS IS OUTSIDE OF 100 FEET FROM THE BUILDING AT EITHER ORIGIN OR DESTINATION OF $75 PER ADDITIONAL 100 FT
- ADDITIONAL STAIRS, AFTER THE FIRST 12 CONTINUOUS, WILL REQUIRE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $75 PER FLIGHT (A FLIGHT WILL BE DEEMED UP TO 12 CONTINUOUS STAIRS)
- ADDITIONAL STORAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT $0.40/CF FOR ANY ADDITIONAL MONTHS. (MINIMUM OF $150 PER 30 DAYS)
- DATE CHANGES MADE INSIDE OF 7 CALENDAR DAYS OF FIRST ESTIMATED LOAD DATE WILL INCUR A CHARGE OF $250
- A DEPOSIT OF A MINIMUM OF 30% OF THE TOTAL MOVE COST IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION (MINIMUM OF $400)
- 50% OF REMAINING BALANCE WILL BE COLLECTED AT PICK UP BY CARRIER IN FULL BY EITHER CASH OR POSTAL MONEY ORDER PRIOR TO LOADING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN THE AGREEMENT
- REMAINING BALANCE DUE AT DELIVERY IN FULL BY EITHER CASH OR POSTAL MONEY ORDER PRIOR TO UNLOADING. IF PAYMENT IS NOT MADE CARRIER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HOLD ITEMS IN STORAGE UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE. ADDITIONAL STORAGE AND RE DELIVERY FEES WILL APPLY
Company Refund / Cancellation & Date Change Policy
I agree to Discount Van Lines Moving Group cancellation policy as well, which reads:
“Deposits are refundable (less 10% for processing fees and internal resources) for reservations cancelled Inside seven (7) days of signing this estimate. If the pick-up date reflected on this estimate is within seven (7) days of signing, the deposit is non-refundable. Moves may be postponed for up to 24 months, if you choose to cancel your move outside of the Discount Van Lines Moving Group’s cancellation policy, your deposit may be applicable towards any move in the next 24 months. All cancellation or refund requests MUST be sent in writing via email. Any cancellation or refund request received after normal business hours, after 6 pm Eastern Time, will be deemed received on the next business day (Federal holidays and Weekends excluded)”.
Date changes made outside of seven (7) Business Days will Not be charged a date change fee. Any date change requests within seven (7) Business Days of the first available pick up date will be assessed a $250 date change fee. Any date change request received after normal business hours, after 6 pm Eastern Time, will be deemed received on the next business day. All date change requests MUST be sent in writing via email.
By Electronically signing this agreement, I have read, understood and am agreeing to the Company Refund/Cancellation Policy as well as the following:
- The quoted prices and terms are based on the information provided at the time the reservation was made. The items in the inventory have been calculated to an estimated weight/volume or minimum used to determine the transportation requirements upon which your price is determined. Any changes to your inventory may result in different terms and prices uniform with the carriers tariff. If any additional services, packing of items or labor are required at either the origin or destination you may be charged for those services and/or items at full tariff rates. The Carrier reserves the right to re-pack any item not correctly packed by the shipper. The Carrier is not authorized to perform any plumbing or electrical connections or disconnections.
- Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC MC# 1064053 is authorized by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to be a household moving broker. Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC assumes no responsibility or liability for any property damage, bodily injury or public liability as the outcome of the transportation of household goods transported by an authorized carrier. At the request of the shipper Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC will assist in the process of submitting a claim to the assigned carrier for settlement of claims. Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC is not responsible for any omissions or acts of the carrier, it’s agents or employees. Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC is not liable, responsible or to be held accountable for any damage, delay, loss or expenses resulting from resulting from any Carrier or caused by any act of God.
- Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC places the shipment with an authorized, licensed and insured FMCSA Household Goods Carrier. However, shippers understand and agree that Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC makes no guarantees and/or warranties concerning either pick up or delivery dates and times or the assigning of a carrier to provide the transportation services requested. In the event, Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC is unable to assign a carrier by the time of close business on your last pick up date, shippers will be entitled to a refund of their deposit as a full satisfaction of this agreement. By allowing the assigned carrier designated by Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC to pick up your household goods you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Upon carrier arriving on the agreed upon date, ready willing and able to render services agreed upon in the original order, should Shipper have more items, necessary packing services, truck accessibility issues outside of what was stated in the original signed estimate and shipper refuses service, shipper agrees and understands that he or she will forfeit the deposit made for the services and refunds for said circumstances will not be made. Should the customer negotiate a revised agreement directly with the carrier without the assistance of Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC, the shipper agrees that their deposit will be forfeited and refunds will not be issued.
- Depending the load size, mileage and geographic location of your move, delivery spreads may be between 1-21 business days. The estimated delivery spread begins on the day of loading except in cases where shippers request either carrier storage or assign a first available delivery date. In the case of storage or a first available delivery date delivery spreads begin on either the date assigned for a first available delivery or the last day of carrier provided storage. Shipper agrees that goods may be warehoused after pick up and prior to delivery. Any limitations on either pick up or delivery such as but not limited to, access before or after a certain time of day, access to a loading dock, use of elevator or weekend restrictions are the sole responsibility of shipper and may cause either the pick up or delivery spread to exceed the times stated in the original estimate as well additional costs to shipper. In the event of any conflict between the terms of the original estimate and the Bill of Lading, terms of the Bill of Lading will be deemed to be in control. The estimated price listed on this agreement is based on flexibility of scheduling as well as accessible conditions at both the origin and destination locations. Estimated times of arrival are determined by many factors beyond the control of either the carrier or Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC such as, but not limited to, weather, traffic conditions, mechanical issues and any acts of God.
- This agreement between Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC and Shipper represents the entire understanding and dictates all rules, understandings, representations and negotiations made by and between both parties. This agreement may not be terminated, amended or waived orally but only in writing and signed by both Discount Van Lines Moving Group LLC and shipper. Controlling law, venue and jurisdiction in any legal matters filed as a result of a dispute of this agreement can and must be filed in Palm Beach County, State of Florida.
- Customer agrees and understands that should the customer fail to execute or return this agreement that by allowing a carrier designated by Discount Van Lines Moving Group to pick up the shippers belongings, the shipper expressly agrees and consents to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- The Carrier will provide the shipper a new estimate agreement listing all costs for the entire move. The total price will be the same as listed in this agreement assuming that your inventory items, weight/volume and/or necessary packing supplies, truck accessibility or distance to the building is the same as stated in this agreement. In the event that the shippers inventory is different, the weight/ volume changes or the need for any additional services such as but not limited to, shuttle service, long carries or storage, the carrier is obligated to provide the shipper with a revised written estimate. Shipper agrees to not allow the carrier to perform any services before you agree in writing to the new estimates pricing and terms.
- All balances due with the exception of the deposit will be paid in either cash or postal money order prior to any service being rendered at either the origin or destination. Should the shipper fail to or refuse to pay any of the balances due the carrier reserves the right to cancel the agreement at origin in which case the deposit paid will be forfeited or upon delivery the carrier reserves the right to warehouse the shippers goods at the shippers expense. Re-delivery of warehoused goods must be paid in full prior to the goods being sent out.
- Shipper has selected a “BINDING NOT TO EXCEED” estimate. The total costs will not exceed the estimated costs listed in the Relocation Estimate for the list of items, estimated weight/volume and any additional services requested in said estimate. If there is an increase in the number of items, the weight/volume of listed items or additional services added at either the origin or destination outside of those illustrated in this agreement, shipper agrees that they may be charged for those items, weight/volume or services at the carriers full tariff rate